On Friday 23 July 2004 10:04 am, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
| On Friday 23 July 2004 10:13, Erylon Hines wrote:
| > On Friday 23 July 2004 01:25 am, SME Server Admin wrote:
| > | Hiya
| > |
| > | I now use Kontact on Mandrake 10 for all email.
| > |
| > | At the moment I have a simple spam filter that I put in but I'm
| > | looking for something I can use that will handle it for me, one
| > | that can learn if that's possible?
| > |
| > | TIA
| > |
| > | Elwyn
| >
| > There are several, but quite a few of us use SpamAssassin.  SA takes
| > a bit of teaching, but once you parse a couple of thousand messages
| > it gets extremely good at filtering out the junk.  It is on your
| > disks, and probably already installed.  To begin your adventure go
| > here:
| >
| > http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewar
| >ticle&artid=15
| >
| > http://www.ee.columbia.edu/systems/spam.html
|
| <snip>
| These two refrences do not resolve on the server.

My apologies.  Looks like my bookmarks need an update 8(.  The Columbia U is a
dead link now, but Derek's site is still a go and is excellent for Postfix +
Spamassassin configuration, should you decide to go that route.

http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/mailserver_config.html

I'm not doing my SA that way, but am config'd  this way:

http://www.softwaredesign.co.uk/Information.SpamFilters.html

Be sure to download rulesets (*.cf files) from the rules emporium and place
them in /etc/mail/spamassassin
These sets are extremely effective!

e.