What's the output of "lspci"? Does it show a Broadcom ethernet device?

Also watch when the system boots. On first boot before the bootloader you
should see a screen listing the devices on the pci bus. There should be a
network contoler listed with its interupt (IRQ).

If you don't see a network controller then it may be disabled, check the cmos
setup to ensure it is enabled (on my A7V8X it can not be disabled in the
setup).

do you run windows (ugh), if so, does the ethernet controller work?