On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:52:55 +0100
Phil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> good luck....My install of mandrake 10 commercial was a
> breeze....all the hardware on the A7V8X recognised first time.
>
> However there does seem to be an issue using the board with a
> Hauppague pvr 350 - get a total system lock when I try and tune
> any channels (under both MK 10 & Win XP Pro)...
>
> On Saturday 31 Jul 2004 09:00, Lee Wiggers wrote:
> > On Sat, 31 Jul 2004 12:06:30 +0100
> >
> > Phil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > What's the output of "lspci"? Does it show a Broadcom ethernet
> > > device? Yes
> > > Also watch when the system boots. On first boot before the
> > > bootloader you should see a screen listing the devices on the
> > > pci bus. There should be a network contoler listed with its
> > > interupt(IRQ).
> > >
> > > If you don't see a network controller then it may be disabled,
> > > check the cmos setup to ensure it is enabled (on my A7V8X it
> > > can not be disabled in the setup).
> > >
> > > do you run windows (ugh), if so, does the ethernet controller
> > > work?
> >
> > Yep, ran win2k for over a year before a bad fan fried the cpu
> > last weekend.  I just replaced the cpu with a 2.7g screamer and
> > put a real operating system on the drive.
> >
> > I'm dl'ing 10 community now.  The driver was discussed in cooker
> > a while back, so it's probably in there.  That's just as easy as
> > installing a floppy in the computer.
> >
> > Lee

I was right.  Upgrading to community picked up the new driver and
lan/net popped right in there.

Also grpmi worked for the first time since I started.  I was amazed.
Only have kvm issue left.  Why does the mouse go nuts if I switch to
another box and back?

Time for another thread, I suppose.

Tnx as usual

Lee