On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 22:29:20 -0400
JoeHill wrote:

> What problems could possibly arise from *not* rebooting?! This ain't no Winsux
> where some stupid memory leak is going to freeze your system. I've got all kinds
> of crap running at all times and I leave it running while I'm away, the worst
> problem being 700 e-mails waiting from the yahoos on this list ;-)
>
> AFAIK, rebooting is almost completely unnecessary with Linux unless you change
> your kernel or somethin'.

I've had one failure in 6 years -- hard drive crashed during a
power failure -- really crappy way to find out your UPS batteries
aren't holding a charge.  I reboot it every 18 months just to
make sure I remember how :)

Brenda Bell
Henniker (the only one on earth)
New Hampshire (the state with 5 seasons: black fly, tourist, foliage, ski and mud)
... but we're not allowed to shoot the tourists :)