On Tuesday 03 August 2004 06:38 am, Mark Rogers wrote:
>The machine
> will not be logged on as 'root' and my security limit is set pretty high
> (i.e. the reboot command needs to be looged in as 'root' before it
> executes). Anyone have any idea of how I should go about doing this?

You can use a cron job for this and it doesn't have to be logged on to
execute.  However, you should keep in mind that most things that would cause
your system to go south, lockups, out of memory, etc., will also prevent the
cron daemon from executing the reboot command.

IOW, there is no substitute for an operator at the wheel.
--
Bryan Phinney