On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 02:12, German Guillot wrote:

> Well, damnit. No, you're not missing anything, but I obviously am. I
> have a little script just like yours. I create a crontab with a task
> for it. It just doesn't work. Other scripts with other commands (cat,
> for example) are run by cron from my crontab, no problem. So it's not
> that I can't program a task in cron. It's not that I can't write a
> script to fire up a browser, that too works (run from the xterm).
>
> The only thing I can think of is that your X configuration and mine
> are different, and mine doesn't allow me to do this. Got a lot more
> studying to do.
>
> Germán.

Now I'm led to wonder, are you using kcron to setup the cron job - and
is the user YOU or root or system?

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com  :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
  Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

The individual choice of garnishment of a burger can be an important
point to the consumer in this day when individualism is an increasingly
important thing to people. -- Donald N. Smith, president of Burger King