On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 01:42:10 +1000, Stephen Kühn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok...just for giggles and grins, I just created a small script to fire
> up Galeon (/home/stephen/bin/start_galeon) ::
>
> <snip>
> #!/bin/bash
>
> /usr/bin/galeon http://freshmeat.net
>
> exit
> </snip>
>
> Fired up kcron as myself, added the task, saved the task; fired up kcron
> again and forced a run; worked like a charm; was I missing something
> originally in the thread?

Well, damnit. No, you're not missing anything, but I obviously am. I
have a little script just like yours. I create a crontab with a task
for it. It just doesn't work. Other scripts with other commands (cat,
for example) are run by cron from my crontab, no problem. So it's not
that I can't program a task in cron. It's not that I can't write a
script to fire up a browser, that too works (run from the xterm).

The only thing I can think of is that your X configuration and mine
are different, and mine doesn't allow me to do this. Got a lot more
studying to do.

Germán.