On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:18:36 -0500, Hoyt Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You might try:
> '/usr/bin/galeon weather.com' (or whatever site you want)

Yeah, tried that too. I think I've tried everything short of changing
security settings in the X server,  but I'm not going down that route.
Anyway, I've learnt about cron, I've learnt a bit about shell
scripting, and that's all good. I can't open a browser window
directly, but I'll find other ways of getting a notification. After
all if I'm running X anyway, I can always click on a bookmark.

Or... leave a process running which reads a file, which cron updates.
When the file reads 1, the running process opens a window. When the
file reads 0, do nothing. Hm! Gonna try that.

Germán.