Hello,
     When i telnet into mandrake box from another unix machine I get the
following:

trying...
conected to server.name.com
local flow control off
connection closed by foreign host

is this a permission problem. Am I not allowing hosts??

thanks,
jason

To:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
cc:

Hi Jason,
 There are client and server packages that need to be installed in order
for telnet to work properly. I take it that you are just getting some
sort of message back stating in some fashion that the service is not
available... if I am incorrect in assuming that Please detail what
happens when you try to telnet to your system and I will try to help you
more.

     Good Luck,
          Dave