-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lyvim Xaphir
Sent: 06 August 2004 07:18
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] tools for partitioning and formatting
harddrive(diatribe alert)

On Fri, 2004-08-06 at 01:45, Charles A Edwards wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 01:26:54 -0400
> Lyvim Xaphir wrote:
>
> > Go easy, Charles; this is the newbie list and we don't know anything

> > about him.
>
> I meant no offence to him personally only to his usage of
> applications.
>
> Were there no linux MUA which I believed to be either equivalent, not
> to mention superior, to OE my mouth would have remained  securely
> silent.
>
> As to being a Newbie, on this my main system I run cooker and in
> aspect in Some relations I equate my knowledge to that level But in
> others for which I have little usage I Am myself still a newbie and
> will always be.

I understand, I just got off the phone with a relative whom I told that
IE was a very poor choice for a browser client.

I just hang around so that I can occasionally help and encourage the
newbies that come on the list.

Lots of times the newbies are exploring Linux as an alternative and are
wholly unaware that they are probably compromised by their use of XP and
are themselves virus spreading agents because of it.  Sometimes, like
Tomas, their english is weak and they have trouble enunciating what they
mean; plus sometimes they are unaware of the total angst that we Linux
users have for Micro$haft or even the reasons why.

Take care,

LX

LX