On Saturday 07 August 2004 03:17 pm, BJ Tracy wrote:
> Hello All,

>>> snip

> ps  if this email is in the wrong format....be kind and let me know

BJ:
Well, since you asked:

First, please blank out your "reply-to" setting when posting to a mail list.
Otherwise, replies to your post are sent to you only and not to the list
(which sort of defeats the purpose of a mail list). The real purpose of the
"reply-to" field is when you wish to have replies to your mail sent to some
other address than the sending address. For example, you send a note to your
sister-in-law from work, but you want her reply sent to your home.

Second, when you started a new topic by replying to an existing thread and
changed the Subject heading, you hijacked the thread. It's much better to
create a new message. Many of us sort our mail folders by thread rather than
by any of the other fields. Since you're using KMail, you too can enjoy this
feature -- just highlight a folder, click on Folder, and select Thread
Messages. Try it; you'll like it. Note that Threading is enabled on a
folder-by-folder basis, so while I enable threading and sort-by-date in my
mail list folders, my inbox and sent-mail folders are sorted by date but
without threading. Kinda neat.

-- cmg