On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 05:03, Charlie Mahan wrote:

> On Monday 09 August 2004 12:35:12, Stephen Kühn wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-08-10 at 02:47, JoeHill wrote:
> > > I've had to roll back a few client's machines already when they stopped
> > > functioning properly after doing a full 'Windows Update', so I'm not
> > > surprised at this:
> > >
> > > Quote:
> > >
> > > "In the memo to employees, seen by CNET News.com, IBM's internal
> > > technology department stated that Windows XP SP2 will "change the
> > > behavior of (Web browser) Internet Explorer and cause some application
> > > incompatibilities." The memo also noted that some "high-profile,
> > > business-critical applications are also known to conflict with SP2."
> > >
> > > http://zdnet.com.com/2100-1104_2-5302346.html
> > >
> > > It *does* go on to say that testing before implementation is routine
> > > (duh), but in this case I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that SP2 is going to
> > > be one of the biggest boondoggles in MS history, second only to XP
> > > itself.
> >
> > How dare you bad-mouth Microsoft and it's OS named XP (both Home and
> > Pro); that is my living mate. If it ain't broke, I don't eat. If it
> > doesn't break, I don't eat. If it wasn't a huge kludge of crap and
> > unstable as a radioactive particle, I wouldn't eat. If it wasn't buggy
> > as a four day dead 'roo carcass, I wouldn't eat.
> >
> > ALL HAIL MICROSOFT!
> >
> > stephen kuhn - proprietor
>
> This is even more off topic and maybe even more derogatory. But towards Apple.
> It was posted on the local L.U.G. mailing list this morning:
>
> A good Mac rant (I don't think Apple will use this guy in their switch
> campaign):
>
> http://www-edlab.cs.umass.edu/~ahelblin/misc/mac.html
>
> Warning: Requires Flash plug-in, contains vulgarities (coarse language but
> that phrase may be copyright someone or other) and violence towards what
> appears to be a Macintosh tower and an iMac. I'm still lmao but I'm no longer
> on the floor. (-;
>
> See everyone? We snipe at someone other than "Poor Microsoft" around here. <g>
>
> Charlie

Er, I shoulda mentioned that I do Mac support as well...

stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture
http://kma.0catch.com  :: mobile 0410.728.389
Serving Sydney, The Illawarra, South Coast and Rural NSW
  Mandrake GNU/Linux 10.0 OE/Kernel 2.6.3-7/ No Viruses here.

Fear is the greatest salesman. -- Robert Klein