On Friday 13 August 2004 10:13 pm, Stephen Kühn wrote:
> On Sat, 2004-08-14 at 11:49, JoeHill wrote:
> > "Is Microsoft's Firewall Secure?"

SNIP
Hello All,
Question for the group.  With Linux,  do you need a firewall on every PC??  In
my office I have a LAN set up and with that I have a (hard wired) Router
going out to my DSL.  I thought in this way I was protected.  Also do I need
to install Virus Protection on my new Linux PC's ( I have been using Linux
going on 6 weeks now and trying to learn as much as possible).  If so,  do I
install DR. WEB that came with my MDK 10?
Please Advise.

My thoughts:
I thought that since I switched to Linux and had a Router(hard wired) as a
firewall, I was protected from most of this.
bj