On Fri, 2004-08-27 at 04:45, BJ Tracy wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Quick question, I know someone has asked this before and I thought I saved it
> but do not seem to find it.
>
> I still have one (1) desktop running XP in my office,  how do I turn off
> automatic updates on that pc?

Right click "My Computer" -> Properties -> Automatic Updates -> Here is
where you can turn it off; as well, if you go into the System Services
you can turn it off there as well...

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

You, the first person to encounter my chronicles for at least four
thousand years, beware. Do not feel honored by your primacy in reading
the revelations of my Ixian storehouse. You will find much pain in it.
Other than the few glimpses required to assure me that the Golden Path
continued. I never wanted to peer beyond those four millennia.
Therefore, I am not sure what the events in my journals may signify to
your times. I only know that my journals have suffered oblivion and that
the events which I recount have undoubtedly been submitted to historical
distortion for eons. I assure you that the ability to view our futures
can become a bore. Even to be thought of as a god, as I certainly was,
can become ultimately boring. It has occurred to me more than once that
holy boredom is good and sufficient reason for the invention of free
will. -Inscription on the storehouse at bar-es-Balat