On Monday 16 Aug 2004 14:55, Marv Boyes wrote:
> Hello, everyone.
>
> I've been having a heck of a time getting pixieplus to work on my system
> (Mdk 9.2). It's the one 'must-have' (for me) app that I haven't been
> able to use in some form or another. Compiling from source didn't work
> (I forget why, it's been a long time-- though I _never_ seem to be able
> to compile _anything_ from source). None of the other RPMs I've tried
> would work; they were unhappy with my version of ImageMagick (5.5.7).
> The closest I've come to success is with pixieplus-0.5.4-6mdk.i586.rpm,
> which installed-- but trying to run the application gives me this:
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] marv]$ pixie
> pixie: relocation error: /usr/lib/pixie.so: undefined symbol:
> _ZN11KMainWindow4showEv
>
> I'm completely without a clue on this (could you tell? ;) ). Does anyone
> know what this means, and whether or not it's something I can fix?
> Alternately, has _anyone_ running 9.2 managed to get a working version
> of pixieplus?
>
> Any guidance would be greatly appreciated; thanks very much in advance.
>

> Marv

I don't think pixieplus is being maintained any more which is a pity because I
liked it too. There is an RPM in contrib, which sorta works if you install an
old ImageMagick from 9.2

Have you tried an alternative?
Digikam is very nice if you want to organise pictures.
http://digikam.sourceforge.net/

I have some rpms on my download page which I hope will work for you.
derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org