Rob Blomquist wrote:
On Saturday 14 August 2004 10:48 pm, Amy wrote:

Okay, I'm still getting a hang of what I'm doing here, but I seem to be
doing well enough that I'm mostly asking my friend/"tech support" stupid
questions which he says can be pretty much all answered by reading the
man pages. However, I absolutely loath reading anything of any length in
a console window. Is there a more "user friendly" (read as newbie
friendly) way for one to be able to read the man pages?

Yes, you can enter "man:/command_name" or "# command_name" in Konqueror to read man pages within the browser.

But really, learn to love the console. Embrace and hug it, as there is mucho power there that is not in the GUI.

Rob
Okay, I poked my nose in at the man pages using the man:/command_name approach in Konqueror, and it works just like I need it. Thanks much for the help! ^_^