On Thu, 2004-08-19 at 13:18, lmcilwain wrote:
> There error I get is:
>
> "Couldn't open mixer device /dev/sound/mixer"
>
> The detect hardware doesn't find a sound card located on my machine.
> And the only specs from the micron website is as follows:

I'd suggest booting up with a Knoppix CD and seeing what type of sound
card it finds on this box; then making note and trying to load the
modules from MDK; that is, IF you have a bootable Knoppix CD
around...most laptops like the Micron you have are very proprietary and
since everything is built onto the motherboard, you're going to be hard
put to figure out what is what.
--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

The first sign of maturity is the discovery that the volume knob also
turns to the left.