On Wednesday 18 August 2004 10:05 pm, lmcilwain wrote:
| I ran the first command and it asked me to insert the first CD.  Once I
| did that and hit enter it seems to be just sitting there.  I can't tell
| that my cdrom is spinning or that the files are being installed.  How
| do I know if this is working?

It should immediately read the disk and then start to install.  Even on the
old laptop, stuff should start to happen within a few seconds.  If it
doesn't, I would cancel out, log-out--then back in and try to mount the disk
(probably via the cd icon on the desktop first).  If it doesn't work then,
you have a problem, most likely with your disk or your hardware.
Hopefully, you've already figured this out and have actually got sndconfig
installed.