On Monday 23 August 2004 06:52 am, Lanman wrote:
> zamri wrote:
> > I thought that your "iso"s are corrupt. Have u check with
> > md5sum ?
>
> Yup! ISO's were verified and passed OK. Any other ideas? Has
> anyone been able to download and install Beta 2 ? I don't know
> if the same problem would have occurred with an upgrade as
> well, but this was a fresh install.
>
> Lanman

    Just checkin the d/l'd iso's isn't sufficient, you should also
verify the burned CD's with
tom # md5sum /dev/hdd   (<-- my burner, CD1 in it)
469e937f91b8716c865d172ac0be09f8  /dev/hdd

 dl # cat Mandrakelinux-10.1beta2.md5.asc

469e937f91b8716c865d172ac0be09f8
Mandrakelinux-10.1beta2-CD1.i586.iso
c873f678d99c4f968d991dbfea71f01f
Mandrakelinux-10.1beta2-CD2.i586.iso
c71ff830c865bcb72160a53412938cca
Mandrakelinux-10.1beta2-CD3.i586.iso

   Tho all my beta2 CDr's pass, I haven't used them.

    I suspect udev.  Mandrake seems intent upon switching to it,
and as of beta 2 you can't use both (ie, devfs and udev).  I'm
runnin a fresh beta 1 install, updated (now past beta 2) to
current cooker. I lost my cd drives with udev, so I urpme'd it
and re-installed devfs, edited lilo.conf to  devfs=mount .  Now
they're again recognized as ATA: devices.

    You might try the install again, choosing devfs in pkg
selection.  (which should eliminte udev ?) ...  or search 'udev'
on the cooker ml archive or bugzilla for more (better;) info.
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American