On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 14:26:47 +0200
Kaj Haulrich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Win4Linux runs Win98 only, not XP. Crossover doesn't list other
> applications then the most common, such as Office. "Derive" is a
> very special beast.

It might still. I don't think it's going to require a lot of extras, somehow. I mean
it's not one of those shoot-em-up games that requires esoteric hardware. It might work
in vmware too.

But as there is no OSS or TI didn't (yet) port Derive, isn't there something that does
run on Linux that is comparable? mupad, macsyma, and the like spring to mind. I'm not
qualified (no maths degree) enough to really judge the capabilities and what Derive
will do that OSS replacements wouldn't, however. (mupad I think is still OSS or "free
for personal use"; macsyma is in contrib last time I looked. The command line version
is lisp-based and clunky as hell, but the X11 version is a little more polished.)