salam
i also use dual boot (xp & Mdrake 9.2) but luckily i didnt met with those problem. what i did is :
- i installed win 1st and left some hd space unpartitioned (8 gb)
- installed linux in the unpartitioned space with 4 partition ( / , /home, /boot , swap)
- then just followed the instruction.

oh yeah my option when installed lilo was installed it in mbr
hope you'll success with your installation.
Netkuis Instan untuk wilayah Bandung (kode area 022) - SD,SMP,SMA
Berhadiah total puluhan juta rupiah... periode I dimulai 1 April 2004