Lee Wiggers wrote:
On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 08:21:28 -0400
Lanman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Has anyone had any luck getting OpenGroupware to work? I've been
beating this thing to death for the last several days with no luck
whatsoever. The packages are available from the Contribs list, and
they install without a problem, but no amount of reading the
documentation, following the install procedures or wading through
the mail archives on their site has helped.

What amazes me is how the installation of something like
OpenGroupware can be this difficult or complicated. Surely, with
the power and flexibility of Linux and Open-Sourced software, this
shouldn't be a problem? After all, what's the sense of wasting
time to create Mandrake RPMs for something that simply doesn't
work?

If anyone has some helpful advice on how to get this thing
working, I'd appreciate any help you can offer. For reference
sake, I've tried setting it up on Mandrake 9.2 and 10.0 using
Apache 1.3 and 2.0.50 with no luck at all.

I'm either seeing blank pages when I try to browse to the initial
page (which is used to complete configurations and is the default
page when OpenGroupware is first launched), or I'm getting
connection errors from the server I've installed it on. Apache is
working fine, since it's serving other non-related pages without
any errors or problems, and PostGreSQL builds the database for
OpenGroupware without a problem.

TIA
--
Lanman
Registered Linux User #190712

I have been holding this waiting for someone to respond. Guess this means that nobody has made it work, me included. The service is running, but I haven't a clue what to do next. (It's been running since last year sometime.

Lee

Thanks for replying Lee. I've gone ahead and installed Red Hat 9.0 on the system ear-marked for OpenGroupware in the hopes that I can get it to work today. I'll report back if I have any success. Like I said in my previous post, I fail to see why anyone would bother to make and include the RPM's for something that can't be installed easily. If Linux is going to make a bigger dent in the world, it's going to have to fix this type of problem.