Björn Lundin wrote:
H.J.Bathoorn wrote:

On Sunday 26 September 2004 10:17, john wrote:

Hello
I will be using cdrw media in upcoming work to transfer files between
work and home and also use for backup. In winblows, it was a matter of
"save as" and indicate cd. I have not used win for about a year now and
don't intend to. Would appreciate some advice on which application would
be simplest to setup and use or point me in the right direction for
info. I have tried k3b, eroaster, and nautilus without much success. My
lack of experience in setup is probably the real issue. Thanks in
advance. John

John what exactly are your problems? I myself used Nautilus on a laptop and K3B on my desktop. Both are "no-brainers" to install as one uses "urpmi" to do that correctly.

Neither of them require any special setup as they probe for CD drives
themselves. If your drive isn't found, there might some other problem with
your hardware.

Nautilus offers the option "burn to CD" when right-clicking an a file and
K3B
supports drag  & drop very well IMO.

I think he's after UDF writing. I'm not sure if that's supported at in Linux. Some googling only gives dead projects, but no valuable info. I'd go with a usb-stick instead, if moving data between machines is the primary reason, and burning to an cd-r/dvd with k3b for backup /Björn
Hello
Thanks for the response. I will be developing spreadsheets, schedules, e-mail to send out at home, etc. I have 2 projects that require driving about 150 miles per day. I use laptop on road and desktop at home. It is easier to enter info. during day and sort out,adjust. or modify at home. When using k3b for example, it burns the first file on cd ok, but then doesn't like adding the next file or making changes to the existing file. I tried the force button but this ends with error. I'm not familiar with a usb-stick but might be an alternative. Thanks again for info.
John