On Thu, 2004-09-30 at 19:08, David B. Carter wrote:
> Thanks, Joe. I appreciate the help.
>
> To the other not-so-kind poster: perhaps you should read the RTFQ(uestion)
> before spewing acronyms. It clearly said in my post, that I HAVE visited
> those URL's and they don't contain any archives from this year!

This being the newbie list, it is supposed to be friendly to newbies and
helpful, and not a place for somebody to try to look smart by slashing
anyone with a pertinent question.

There are plenty of lists out there that do this already.  Red Hat
mailing lists are famous for their rudeness and complete lack of social
skills online.  I don't know what linux list on the net would rank as
the all time greatest concentration of social imbeciles, but I'm pretty
sure that the Red Hat list scores pretty good.

Linux is already unfairly propagandized as being unfriendly without
having the extra burden of being accused of encompassing a bunch of
a**hole users.  One reason I think Mandrake is successful as it is is
because of it's receptiveness to new users and it's acceptance (and also
education) of them.  Without that, MDK would be just another gray
distro.  We need to keep the newbie list the friendliest list on the
net, so that we can continue to remain a haven for new users.  To that
end we have an unusually large aggregation of socially aware users on
this list; that are also technically capable.

LX