Hello friends...

Until I installed 10.1 CE my Olympus C740UZ worked like a charm :
Just plugging it into an USB port popped up a harddisk icon on my
desktop (be it KDE or Gnome) and I could copy, move, delete and one
thing and another, just as another mass storage medium. I could
even use the camera as another USB stick.

But in 10.1 the thing goes crazy : plugging the camera into an USB
port clutters the desktop with strange icons
(xsane-blah-blah-blah), rearranges all other icons and never stops.

Furthermore the CPU goes bananas.  Using "top" when in KDE shows
kdeinit consuming 99% of the CPU cycles. In Gnome nothing shows in
"top", but nevertheless the system becomes almost unusable. Logging
out/in doesn't remedy the problem, only a full reboot does.

Strange thing is, /etc/fstab and /etc/mtab don't reveil anything
concerning the matter.

Do I really have to roll back to 10.0 ?

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *