On Wednesday 27 October 2004 17:39, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 Oct 2004 13:56, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > I have the feeling this is a kernel bug.  Now, I have to reboot
> > again :-/
>
> After a few days' break I came back to this long thread.  Out of
> curiosity I plugged my FujiFilm FinePix S304 into the one box
> that I have upgraded to 10.1.  I had exactly the same experience
> - top showed cpu usage varying between 98% and 99.9%, and the
> only way out appeared to be a reboot - it certainly didn't
> respond to kill.
>
> The box in question has 10.1OE upgraded late last week from
> cooker, running 2.6.8-12 kernel (IIRC).  Is there anything else
> you would like me to check for correlation?
>
> Anne

Although I feel sorry for you, Anne (being unable to use your
camera) I'm somehow conforted that I'm not alone !

If I remember correctly, the Fuji uses the xD card, exactly as the
Olympus.

Can you use your scanner (or any USB device) after unplugging the
camera ?

What went wrong with 10.1 ???

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *