On Wednesday 27 October 2004 19:29, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Wednesday 27 Oct 2004 17:33, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > Although I feel sorry for you, Anne (being unable to use your
> > camera) I'm somehow conforted that I'm not alone !
>
> ;-)  It's not a big problem - yet!  I don't need the camera on
> that box, but it certainly tells me not to install on box2 as I
> had intended, until this is sorted out.  My main reason for
> reporting this was to support you, tell you that you are not
> alone.
>
> > If I remember correctly, the Fuji uses the xD card, exactly as
> > the Olympus.
>
> It does.
>
> > Can you use your scanner (or any USB device) after unplugging
> > the camera ?
>
> To be truthful, I didn't try.  With the cpu at 99.9% I couldn't
> even get Konsole as far as the prompt, so I gave up and rebooted.
>
> > What went wrong with 10.1 ???
>
> Indeed!  There were some problems with usb in 10.0, I understand,
> although I was not affected.  This seems very much worse.  Have
> you posted a bug report yet?  If so, I should add to it rather
> than starting a new one.

No, I haven't reported the bugger - yet.  Before giving up, I intend
to dig a little deeper.  MDK 10.0 worked OK, so something changed
in 10.1.  -  And, finally, I can retrieve my photos from the
command line, but only in one boot-session, because the system
can't do anything else after plugging the camera in.  Memory leak ?

Ron kindly advised how to report a bug, but first I'll have a look
at already reported ones.

Thanks for all your help.

Kaj Haulrich.
--
*sent from a 100% Microsoft-free workstation*
         * http://haulrich.net *