Well, why?

In the past I've mostly used Star Office 5.2 which while it doesn't go at the speed of light, leaves Open Office 1.1 standing.

It's just taken me about 15 minutes to open a file, make a small alteration and print a single page with about 3 lines of text and a box on it.

Oh, and I can't figure out how to change the default printer settings and right now life's too short to try.

It's just as well I've got Star Office because if all I had to use was OO, I think I'd be forced to spend a lot more time in Windows. Come to think of it, I might get faster results using Word with Wine.

Is everyone else here having the same experience?

How do you cope?

I'm using it with Mandrake 9.2 and KDE 3.1. on a Pentium III for all the difference it makes. I have no plans to upgrade the software until I get a faster computer.

Cheers