On Thursday 28 October 2004 02:42 am, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Thursday 28 October 2004 00:21, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> > Well H.J. my palm are WET.  I know the feeling of messing
> > around in /boot and lilo !
> >
> > Right now I installed the 2.6.8.1-10 kernel, with no evident
> > errors. But the camera still behaves like in the -12 kernel.
> >  So no go here.  Next, I'll try to install the 2.4 kernel.
> >  Hopefully that'll change things to the better.
> >
> > Kaj Haulrich.
>
> Are you running devfs or udev?
> It should show at bootime if you're running devfs as udev will
> then be disabled.

    You can check anytime...

 tom # service udev status
udev is running                                  [  OK  ]

     ....you can check for devfsd with 'service devfsd status'
which will return a "usage:" warning.  This means devfs is not
being used.  To be on the safe side, you can put 'devfs=nomount'
in your bootloader (lilo's append line).
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas
               Proud to be an American