Greg Meyer wrote:
On Friday 12 November 2004 11:10 pm, Jack wrote:

Good point Greg but I dislike "upgrading."  I always prefer to do a
clean install.  My experience has been (up to now) that there are less
problems this way.

I tend to agree, especially when moving from point release to point
release, but moving from 10.1CE to 10.1OE is more like applying security
updates than a wholesale upgrade.

Good point... maybe I should try this then.  Can anyone tell me the
*exact* urpmi command that will accomplish this?

Mucho gratias Greg... thanks to your suggestion here, I did an upgrade installation of official and was successful.  I am now running 10.1 official.

Attempting to solve another problem that I reported in this thread (upgrading to KDE 3.3), I retried Randall's suggestion with Konquest and still got the C compiler error.  I also tried the "urpmi.update -a -f --wget  && urpmi --wget --auto --auto-select --no-verify-rpm" that one user suggested, to no avail.  I'm going to try and simply install KDE 3.3 over the 3.2 from the 10.1 official DVD and see what happens.  I have the drive imaged and up to date, if that causes problems...

- Jack