Dear all,

This is my first post: I am turning to you for help for a minor inconvenience.
I have two linux boxes, a home dual-boot machine (it also has XP for my kid's
games) and a uniquely Linux box at work. Both were running 10.0 Official
until last night when I have the idea of "UPRMI-installing" 10.1 Official to
them. In my dual boot machine (old Walmart Special Edition HP) everything went
smoothly. In my office machine (a three year old "high-end" Dell desktop) things
went smoothly except the following:

When I boot the machine, the two first logins hang for about five minutes before
going through. This is not very serious, since I have no reason to boot this
machine too often, but I'd rather have that fixed. Let me describe the problem
in detail in steps.

1. Reboot the machine and let X-Windows start
2. Login using valid username. Login prompt disappears and nothing happens for
about five minutes
3. Wait five minutes and then suddenly the login proceeds as normal.

There are variations to this theme: I can open a TTY-window (alt-ctl-f1 etc).
The first login will hang there too, but opening a second tty-window will let
you login immeadiately. So if I want to login quickly after reboot I have login
three times  and to get to X-windows wait for five minutes). I can also boot to
failsafe mode and still the initial login hangs.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Actually I have, with the same machine and
10.0. Back then I ended up reinstalling everything to get rid of this. Now I
would not like to do that. I would be (naturally) happy to provide info that
might be helpful to solve this problem (like info on hardware or content of log
files). I can also live with this problem, but rather not.

Cheers,

Saku Aura