On Tuesday 30 November 2004 7:40 pm, Teilhard Knight wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I just installed Mandrake 10.1 Official (Download), and everything went all
> right except that on boot, I cannot enter into KDE. The boot process
> reaches only the point of the blue screen with the Mandrake logo in the
> lower part, and that's it. It doesn't go further from there to enter KDE. I
> would appreciate if you could help me to solve this.

Yep, that's a standard problem with KDE if you are using KDM as your login
manager.

There is a phrase missing from kdmrc. Just add "ServerVTs=-7"
to the [general] section of /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc and reboot.

Now to get there: at login go to failsafe, and boot the machine. you can
either boot kde with a "startx" command, or open vi at /etc/kde/kdmrc, and
figure out the eccentricities of that editor, so that you can add the line.

When you are done, you can exit with the command "shutdown -r now".

Rob
--
Mountlake Terrace, WA
USA