On Thursday 02 December 2004 09:16, Vegard Lundby Rekaa wrote:
> Hi all,
> This errormessage pops up for several apps I'm trying to run (k3b,
> tuxracer...... an so on). The result is that I can not start the apps. How
> can I fix it?
>
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
> *** tuxracer error: Couldn't initialize video: Couldn't find matching GLX
> visual (Success)
>
> Regards Vegard
It means you do not have the GLX extension available that tuxracer needs to
render 3D video (although I am surprised k3b should require GLX)

GLX could be missing either because you are using a video driver which does
not support it (such as vesa), or else your configuration is not loading the
GLX extension.

If you tell us what your video hardware is, and copy us the  sections headed
"Module" and "Device" from the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf  (if running Mdk10.1)
or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 (if running an older release), then we can advise
you what to do.

(Tip:- Copy/paste in linux is mouse highlight/press mouse wheel)

BTW: Sending to both newbie and expert lists at once is bad etiquette. If
newbie cannot help, *then* go to expert.

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org