>> Yes, your MSN monicker is indeed correct. You are a sillydilly.
>>

> Well OK then rather that telling me how stupid I am why not
> make some sort of constructive suggestion.
>
> I did a who-is search on host14-206.pool8172.interbusiness.it and got
> bugger all.
>
> Found out the IP to be 81.72.206.14
>
> I tried  -
>
> ipchains -A INPUT -s 81.72.206.14 -j DROP
>
> But my server does not seem to have ipchains or at least it did not
> recognise the command and yes I was logged in as root.

You are probably running iptables, instead of ipchains.

> Ideally what I want to do is to get my server to just say "Bog off"
> when the delivery attempt is made.
>
> But I don't know how to do that.

Depending on the mail server, you can set up rules to reject IP's, IP
ranges, or hosts, complete with error number, and message.  This can be an
advantage when you just want to block the email, but still want to allow
other connections.  (TO a web server, for example...)  For postfix, take a
look at the /etc/postfix/access file.

> I had hoped that adding the IP or the sender details to the black list
> of Spam Assassin might do this but it does not.
>
> I guess the best thing would be to do a /dev/null in my procmail
> script if I had the faintest idea how to do that.
>
> Please remember not everyone that frequents this list has a computer
> science course under their belt or has had systems admin training. I'm
> just one guy running a server from home just because for me its a fun
> hobby. Everything I know I've had to pick up by asking silly questions
> on lists like this!
>
> Cheers

As I always did this in the mail server setup, I am not sure how to do it
in procmail.  But I am sure someone will supply that information.

Mikkel