> Folks,
>
> I am a mdk10.1 user. I am trying to access my localhost by
> typing my WAN IP address.
>
> But it just goes to the Router firewall page. I checked my
> router settings(especially virtual server configuration) all
> set correctly. Also confirmed with the router vendor.
>
> The vendor says we need technical expertise to forward the
> local server. Is that true? Do I need to have some networking
> knowledge to do forward even my http local server??
>
> I use just default ports(80)
>
> Please help me.
>
> Cheers
> Amala Singh

Yes, you need some networking knoledge to do this, but not a lot of it.
You need to know the IP address of your server. You also need to know how
to set up port forwarding on your router.  You may even need to know how
to set up DHCP on your router to give your web server machine a static IP,
or you may need to give it one in the network config on the web server.

Not that any of this should be a big problem.  If we knew what router you
were using, and the IP address of the web server, it would probably be
easy to tell you how to do it.  You can probably get away with leaving the
server on a dynamic IP on the local lan, as the IP address would only
change if you had the machine powered off longer then the lease time of
the IP address.  Home routers are usualy set up for at least a day, so it
shouldn't be a problem.

The manual for the router should tell you haw to do the setup on it.  Look
for a section on "virtual servers" or "port forwarding".  You could also
use the "DMZ" feature os some routers, but this is a last resort, as it
removes ALL the router's protections from the computer, so it is only
protected by its own firewall.

Mikkel