OK that is good information there i loaded gaim and when i try to install it i ran it under the run command but i could find where i can put an icon on my desk or i didn't see it under the menu bar i just wanted to know what i need to do to have programs on there so i can see them once i down load them also it says its installed but i don't see it no where on the menu list is there something i need to setup so programs will go into the file directory or the program bar i am very new with LINUX about a week into but i like it a lot more then windows because its a lot more stable i just tried to loaded yahoo to see if it would work it went though all the steps and installed it but it wouldn't execute under the program directory i wasn't sure if there is something i need to setup under the desktop conf program on mandrake 10.1 ...i also wanted to know what is a good client to use to add in PC games i have a few PC games and wanting to know if i can load them on LINUX .. i have a background and degree in Microsoft/windows but LINUX is like starting all over again I enjoy LINUX a lot I see there is a lot that is going to be happen in the future with LINUX just waiting for programs to come out for it. thank you for the information and help