SnapafunFrank wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] frank]# fdisk /dev/cdrom
You will not be able to write the partition table.
Note: sector size is 2048 (not 512)
Device contains neither a valid DOS partition table, nor Sun, SGI or OSF disklabel
Building a new DOS disklabel. Changes will remain in memory only,
until you decide to write them. After that, of course, the previous
content won't be recoverable.

Warning: invalid flag 0x0000 of partition table 4 will be corrected by w(rite)

Command (m for help): p

Disk /dev/cdrom: 675 MB, 675618816 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 20 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 2048 = 32901120 bytes

Command (m for help): q

This at least told me that the file system is not recognised by _/*my installation*/_ so using it without the camera is a no go.

At this point I would forget about trying to mount it and look for a suitable program: unless an expert out there can advise howto mount what it is you do find out about your cd.

I just tried this on a "normal" CD, to verify what I suspected. There is not a partition table on a CD. The difference I see is that I do get a valid size returned from a normal CD.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] mikkel]$ /sbin/fdisk -l /dev/cdrom Note: sector size is 2048 (not 512)

Disk /dev/cdrom: 181 MB, 181542912 bytes
255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 5 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 16065 * 2048 = 32901120 bytes

Disk /dev/cdrom doesn't contain a valid partition table

From trying a couple of CDs, it looks like the number of cylinders is related to the size of the data on the CD. But it is strange that your 210 MB mini-CD reports a size of 675 MB.

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!