SnapafunFrank wrote:
> And while we are on urpmi problems can someone tell me why I cannot
> wholly add another media to my list.
>
> I did:
>
> # urpmi.addmedia myrpms file://home/frank/MYRPMS
>
> and :
>
> # urpmi.addmedia -f myrpms file://home/frank/MYRPMS
>
> I get some entries in the /var/lib/urpmi directory but when I do :
>
> # urpmq --list-media
>
> the new media doesn't appear in the list and trying to install the rpms
> downloaded to the ~/MYRPMS directory, I get the 'Not found' reply.
>
> I have tried:
>
> # urpmi --update -a
>
> But this did not get my new media added either.
>
> Hopefully I'm missing something 'no-brainer'.
>
> Sorry for jumping in on this thread put I thought to keep the subject
> matter relevant.

I just tried adding a local source as you descibed above, and all
turned out well. I used some rpms I downloaded.

Could it possibly be something wrong with the rpms themselves.
I think rpm looks at the rpm's header for info to generate the hdlist.

Maybe download some different rpm's in a new directory and try
adding them as locale source to see if it works.

Mike