Hey everyone, thanks for the responses so far!

Dennis, did you realize you sent your reply directly to me, and not
the list? I'll forward it to the list for everyone else to read
though, so don't worry about it, it'll end up in the archives.

The card I have is a gforce ti4200, and it is an AGP card. I was not
aware of the issues with having a card in the pci slot right next to
the agp slot, but I know that's not the problem... since when I put
this motherboard in, there was another pci slot compared to what was
on the old motherboard, so I used the pci slots that lined up with the
slots on the back of the computer I'd already removed, which left the
pci slot next to the agp slot open.

I do know that there are nvidia drivers I can try, but I'm at a loss
as to ~how~ I can, since I don't have a video output to look at to
select anything. Is there a way to offer the nvidia drivers to my
computer without needing to see anything on the monitor? Like
something I can set up with a boot disk or something? Preferably
something I can safely set up from my dad's windows computer (we're
not sure how secure his computer is, and haven't had time to fix it
yet) because I really really don't want to have to remove all the
hardware and put the old stuff back in.

Just so you know why I don't want to mess with removing the new
hardware and putting the old hardware back in, it is because when I
put all the new hardware in last night, that was the first time I did
a hardware installation that significant without someone hovering over
my shoulder to watch me through the process. I did have a friend on
the phone, who was able to help me with a couple of small things I
didn't know myself, but he wasn't familiar with the motherboard
himself. I would rather not have to pull stuff out and put stuff back
in a bajillion times.

Also, I haven't had a chance to try the windows boot disk, to make
sure that the video card does indeed work, and it is in fact a drivers
issue, but I will do that when I get home from work tonight. I didn't
have the chance to do it before work today, and had to go to sleep
last night. Ug.

~~ >^..^< ~~
I'm a gmail user! I'm still waiting on them to listen to my request to
allow me to disable my reply-to field. If you get this message via a
mailing list, please double check the to field before sending your
reply. Thanks much! ^_^
http://deathkitten.net
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind."
    ~Rudyard Kipling
"Several friends have asked me if I will again leave the country. In
light of the failure--a second time--to count all the votes, that
won't be necessary. My country has left me."
    ~Greg Palast