On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 11:04, Charles Lee Ying wrote:
> Rhein Christophe wrote:
> > Charles Lee Ying wrote:
> >> Rhein Christophe wrote:
> >>
> >> what is your setting for "CSS decryption method" in the Xine control
> >> panel (if you can't see the "media" tab or this option under that
> >> tab, set your xperience level to 'Expert')
> >>
> >> charles
> >
> > Hello,
> > It reades <key> and I tried the 2 other propositions but with no success.
> > I really don't know if it comes from the fact that it is a DVD burner
> > combo (MATSHITAUJ-831D) or that I got the notebook from France because
> > I can watch the Zone 2 Pal DVDs and that is it!
> > Really strange and I need to watch some movies for my classes.
> > Bye
> > Christophe
> >

> Hey Christophe, I saw Anne made a suggestion concerning the region the
> player is set for. I tested this and it should have given you an error,
> maybe this does not happen in all cases. This setting is in the same
> location as the decryption method. You can change it to reflect the
> region the DVDs are from;
> 1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories
> 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)
> 3: Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)
> 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico,
> South America, and the Caribbean
> 5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa,
> North Korea, and Mongolia
> 6: China
> 7: Reserved
> 8: Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.).
>
> I got this info from the following site
> http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html, which is pretty OK.
>
> HTH
>
> charles

AFAIK, the libdvdcss not ony decodes the css encryption, but it also bypasses
the region code.  For instance, my Xine setting is currently at Region 1, but
all my DVD's are region 4 and they happily play.  I think the fact that it
complains about region is a sign that libdvdcss is not working right.

John.

Forget that new hard drive, save some lives instead, donate to the Red Cross:
  USA:  https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation-form.asp
  UK:  https://www.donate.bt.com/bt_form_dec.htm
  Oz:  https://www.redcross.org.au/Donations/onlineTsunamiDonations.asp
  NZ:  https://www.banqonit.com/proxypage.aspx?boiid=205