On Monday 24 January 2005 06:43 pm, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Monday 24 January 2005 23:31, Andy Yankovich wrote:
> SNIP
>
> >  I have tried to install
> > Opera from The Club and failed miserably - undoubtedly due to
> > my lack of know-how.
>
> If you want Opera just click here :-
> http://www.opera.com/download/get.pl?id=26339&location=122&noth
>anks=yes&sub=marine
>
> That will download Opera 8.0 for Mandrake 10.1 (Its a beta
> version but it works great)
>
> Click on the download with konqueror and it will install. You
> will be prompted for your root password.  Ignore any messages
> about unknown signatures. That just means it was not packaged
> by MandrakeSoft.
>
> derek
After downloading I clicked on 'open destination', put in
my password for root, then a Konqueror window opened with
'file:/var/tmp/kdecache-andy/krun/' in the location bar. Now, how
do I get the program to run? I tired clicking on the URL but
nothing happens. What did I do wrong or what don't I understand?

Appreciate your help very much.
Andy