suddenly I have a padlock icon on my    /root   directory.  The contents of the
directory are as follows:

# ls -a
./             .cshrc          .gnome/           .qt/       .xauthNME5mc
../            drakx/          .gnome2/          .rnd       .xauthoAxEUc
.bash_history  .fonts.cache-1  .gnome2_private/  .rpmdrake  .Xdefaults
.bash_logout   .gconf/         .gstreamer/       .tcshrc
.bash_profile  .gconfd/        .ICEauthority     tmp/
.bashrc        .gimp-1.2/      .kde/             .vimrc

What may have caused this is I tried to remove my Mozilla program to install a
newer
version.  However, I ended up with a   /.mozilla/   directory in     /    also
with
a padlock on the icon.

I've looked in the MCC/security   (I'm on Mandrake 10.0, running the KDE desktop
environment)   and find the permissions on the locked   /root   are 700 and I
can't
change them; my security level is (was) set at 2 with all defaults.

Am I imagining things, or is this padlock a new thing?  If it's new, how do I
fix
it?

Mozilla won't let itself be uninstalled either - - I urpmi'd Mozilla and got the
old 1.6 browser instead of the new 1.7.5 which is why I'm making this new mess
today.
I'll just complete the mess by instlling the new one despite the old one still
in
residence (which mozilla.org says not to do) - - I can always start again from
scratch
<sigh>

Help?

Julie