teguh wrote:
Hi all,
I have some questions and do need your help since I'm really,really,really new in Linux.

  1. on booting my comp shows this status "Bringing up interface
     loopback eth0  FAILED". But the rest are OK. What does it mean?
     and  how to fix it?

If you are connecting with a modem rather than LAN then you don't use the eth0. I *think* eth0 referes to LAN. If you are connected despite the "FAILED", then you don't need the eth0 to start at boot.

MCC > Network & Internet > Manage Connections

click the arrow, pulldown menu, whatever it's called, near the top and select eth0. Below are tabs: TCP/IP, Options, Information. Under "Options" disable (uncheck) "start at boot."

HTH

Julie