On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 23:42:49 +1300
SnapafunFrank <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Basically, I have two hdd's with the now slave having suffered my
> first  attempts at Linux and of course, the last 9x going [ WinMe
> }.
>
> I can boot into WinMe without any hassles whatsoever but am unable
> to  get lilo.conf right to boot into the old linux9.1 OS I have
> also  installed on that hdd.
>
> Latest attempt:
>
> other=/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part2   [ My boot partition
> on  this hdd ]
>        label="linux90"
>        table=/dev/hdb
>        image=/boot/vmlinuz
>        root=/dev/hdb5
>        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
>        append="noapic devfs=mount acpi=ht splash=silent"
>        vga=788
>        read-only
>
> I have tried " other=/dev/hdb2 " ( my boot partition on this drive
> ) and  tried also " other=/dev/hdb2 " [ WinMe starts out as "
> other=/dev/hdb1 "]
>
> I have made sure that vmlinuz and initrd.img exist on that boot
> partition still.
>
> I added the " table=/dev/hdb " but still no go.
>
> So someone want to slap me over the wrist for being dump here
> somewhere?

noticed I botched that root=/dev/hdb line... didn't notice the root
listing below your table entry (gotta slow down on reading!).  I did
manage to find my lilo.conf from my 9.1 install for an example;

boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
default="Mandrake9.1"
keytable=/boot/us.klt
prompt
nowarn
timeout=100
message=/boot/message
menu-scheme=wb:bw:wb:bw
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label="Mandrake9.1"
        root=/dev/hdb5
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append="quiet devfs=mount hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        vga=788
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.20-8
        label="RedHat9"
        root=/dev/hda5
        initrd=/boot/initrd-2.4.20-8.img
        append="hdc=ide-scsi hdd=ide-scsi acpi=off"
        vga=788
        read-only
other=/dev/hda1
        label="Windows2000"
        table=/dev/hda

I would say drop the "other=" line and replace it with
"image=/boot/vmlinuz" and remove the "table=" line as well for
starters.

--
Linux user #280097
http://counter.li.org