Basically, I have two hdd's with the now slave having suffered my first attempts at Linux and of course, the last 9x going [ WinMe }.

I can boot into WinMe without any hassles whatsoever but am unable to get lilo.conf right to boot into the old linux9.1 OS I have also installed on that hdd.

Latest attempt:

other=/dev/ide/host0/bus0/target1/lun0/part2 [ My boot partition on this hdd ]
label="linux90"
table=/dev/hdb
image=/boot/vmlinuz
root=/dev/hdb5
initrd=/boot/initrd.img
append="noapic devfs=mount acpi=ht splash=silent"
vga=788
read-only

I have tried " other=/dev/hdb2 " ( my boot partition on this drive ) and tried also " other=/dev/hdb2 " [ WinMe starts out as " other=/dev/hdb1 "]

I have made sure that vmlinuz and initrd.img exist on that boot partition still.

I added the " table=/dev/hdb " but still no go.

So someone want to slap me over the wrist for being dump here somewhere?

--
Newbie Seeking USER_FUNCTIONALITY always!

Regards

SnapafunFrank

Big or small, a challenge requires the same commitment to resolve.
Registered Linux User # 324213