Pablo Ortuzar wrote:
On Wednesday 23 February 2005 16:50, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:

(snip)

I forgot part of this. Logging off is probably a good idea. It depends
on the physical security of your system. Do you have to worry about
someone being able to walk up to your system, and accessing you files?
Do you have files that you don't want your
boyfriend/husband/kids/sister/girlfriend/etc to be able to read/delete?
If you live alone, don't have to worry about visitors accessing the
computer, and don't have any sensitive information on your computer,
then you don't have to log off.

Personally, I consider logging off in the same class as not leaving my
checkbook or bank statement laying out. I don't really want to share
that information.

The other consideration about logging out is that some people like to
play "practical jokes" on other people's computers. While it takes more
knowledge to do it on a Linux system, there are still some nasty tricks
you can play on a person. I can think of some interesting programs to
launch in place of the normal window manager... (Grinning about an old
DOS "floppy cleaning program", and screen inverter...)

Mikkel

Hello,

right-click on empty desktop, choose 'logout"user" ', choose 'end session only'. Anyone trying to read/delete your files will have to know your password.

Strange - that doesn't work in Blackbox...  :-)

Mikkel

for you are crunchy and taste good with Ketchup!