riccardo wrote:

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 08:34 am, Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:

Is it good for the computer to leave it on all the time?

~ maybe, it is stopping & starting that puts most wear on PC

. . . best leave puter on 24/7

[ sometimes have puter running for a month without a shutdown ]

- just unplug the monitor power at night.

~ during spare-time perhaps you might like to do a bit of [EMAIL PROTECTED] , [EMAIL PROTECTED], or something like that?

best rgds
_______

I'm not keen to have computer connected to Internet for long periods as I don't have a firewall or any other security set up yet in Mandrake. Fine about leaving it on though.