----- Original Message -----
From: "Aron Smith" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <newbie@linux-mandrake.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:18 AM
Subject: Re: [newbie] logging off

> On Wednesday 23 February 2005 07:36 am, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> > Rosemary McGillicuddy wrote:
> > > This just an idle question really ...
> > >
> > > Over the years people have told me how stable their linux set ups are,
> > > and that there is no need to log off, or shut down each day.  How
valid
> > > is this?  In Windows I always used to shut down at end of the day.
> > > WinXP wasn't so bad, but both 95 and 98 required lots of reboots.  I
did
> > > have mandrake going all night last night as I had been to the
easyurpmi
> > > site and it took forever to update the data base.
> > > Is it good for the computer to leave it on all the time?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Rosemary

I'm new to Mandrake. However, I once had a server running for 13 months
without rebooting. Fedora Core 2 was installed. The only reason for
rebooting after 13 months  was that the electricity power went down for six
hours, and my 3 no-break didn't endure that long (it did for four hours or
so).

Fernando Gómez.
Registered Linux User 381647.
Usuario Registrado de Linux 381647