On Sunday 27 February 2005 01:24 am, Derek Jennings wrote:
> On Saturday 26 February 2005 16:06, David Anderson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am following Derek Jennings' excellent Postfix mail server
> > configuration document, and have got stuck in the SpamAssassin part.
> > The doc says that you need to install the RPM, and then start the
> > spamassassin service in Mandrake Control Centre>System>Services.
> > Unfortunately there is no entry for SpamAssassin. . Can anyone give an
> > incantation to get it there (or even visible in Webmin)?
> >
> > The RPM is SpamAssassin-3.0.2-0.1010.lmdk.i586.rpm.
> >
> > Regards
> > David
>
> The service is called 'spamd'  I'll correct the document.
>
> derek

Hmm, I'm still running v9.2 here so some things may be different, and if they
are, I apologise for wasting the bandwith but...

here...if I use "spamd" it takes a lot longer to d/l my e-mail. If I use
"spamc" on the other hand, all is well.

Just a random observation there.

PS This however, is not with postfix, just running it through kmail.

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                   Dark><Lord