On Saturday 26 February 2005 5:29 pm, Ronald J. Hall wrote:

> Hmm, I'm still running v9.2 here so some things may be different, and if
> they are, I apologise for wasting the bandwith but...
>
> here...if I use "spamd" it takes a lot longer to d/l my e-mail. If I use
> "spamc" on the other hand, all is well.
>
> Just a random observation there.
>
> PS This however, is not with postfix, just running it through kmail.

Spamc is just a wrapper for spamd, so spamd has to be up and running.

But if you want real email filtering you really need to be running
spamassassin with more than just the basic rules. That caused me to
fetchmail/maildrop/spamassassin/razor/pyzor all my mail before kmail picks it
up all marked locally, and its not a hard configuration.

The checking of each email with this setup is about 1 to 2 seconds each with
my XP-2100, so the hit on Kmail would be serious.

Rob
--
Linux User #183693
http://counter.li.org/